****PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT***
O'Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC (OHM) is looking for dynamic and passionate Executive Chef to enhance our culture and help us accomplish our Mission: " We do whatever it takes to make every guest smile ".
Join our team and showcase the new and fresh energy of our totally transformed hotel and Jackdaw restaurant in Aurora, CO. Easily accessible, just off I-225 and minutes from downtown Denver, our hotel is located in an ideal location when in the Denver area for business or vacation.
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises Directly: Sous Chef, Line Cooks, Prep Cooks, Dishwashers and other kitchen personnel
Purpose for the Position:
To supervise food preparation of all food outlets of the hotel ensuring standards are maintained as set forth by management.
- Supervises food preparation staff: terminations, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations and development.
- Schedules all employees under his/her supervision, maintaining adequate staffing levels while adhering to labor standards guidelines.
- Supervises all cooking operations, including methods, portioning and garnishing.
- Plans meals and develops menus.
- Assists the Food and Beverage Manager and sales staff with banquets, parties and other special events.
- Requisitions food and equipment, giving specifications, quantities and quality descriptions.
- Ensures attractive presentation of all food and dishes.
- Maintains health and sanitation standards and keep a clean and safe working environment.
- Must be able to “prep” food products, using standardized food preparation techniques.
- Must be able to visibly recognize “condition” of food and cooking temperature.
- Assists the Food and Beverage Manager in developing the annual operating budget and monitoring it.
- Assists in maximizing revenues and profits.
- Rewards associates who use their empowerment to meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Reports to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy.
- Knows and complies with all company policies and procedures pertaining to this position and its duties.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Think logically to make decisions.
- Interpret information in mathematical, written and diagram form, such as statistical reports, profit and loss statements, financial statements and credit regulations.
- Understand the effect politics and economic trends will have on company or organization’s plans.
- Continually make decisions based on experience and personal feelings as well as on facts and figures.
- Speak to large groups.
- Deal with all kinds of people ranging from civic leaders to employees and from legislators to the general public.
- Speak and write clearly and with authority.
Graduate with certification from a culinary institution. Two years as a Sous Chef. Two years kitchen supervisory experience with three years kitchen operations experience including at least one year in a lead cook position and one year in a steward position OR an equivalent level of education and experience.
About O'Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC
THE COMPANY Formed in 2007 by CEO Tim O'Reilly, OHM has evolved from a small company managing one hotel to an organization of over 800 team members managing properties across the United States. Today, we continue to pursue growth, profitability, and excellence in guest service while maintaining our commitment to sustainability and community involvement.
THE CULTURE "We do whatever it takes to make every guest smile." It isn't just a motto - at OHM, it's our driving force. We are committed to empowering each member of our tea
m with a warm, approachable environment throughout all levels of leadership and Four Pillars below. This creates a culture of support for both our professionals and our customers.
*O'REACH O'Reach is OHM's commitment to fostering an atmosphere of community engagement and philanthropic outreach. All of our team members are encouraged to give back in a variety of ways, including staying active in local causes and charities and participating in quarterly events.
*GREEN TEAM FOCUS ON SUSTAINABILTY
At OHM, we strive to be a leader in the area of sustainability in hospitality. Our commitment to environmental and sustainable programs is part of our corporate culture.
*WORLD CLASS SERVICE We strive to do the right thing every time for our guests and fellow team members. We are committed to providing an enjoyable and unique guest experience through experienced, attentive and team-oriented hospitality management.
*TEAM MEMBER SATISFACTION We are committed to promoting a positive, approachable environment for our team members. We understand that our success relies on the ability of each individual to fully contribute their unique talents and passion to the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above represent the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and require an accommodation, please contact the Director of Human Resources at 417-851-8700.
A job description does not list the entire job duties a supervisor or manager may occasionally ask a team member to perform. A team member’s evaluation is based, in part, upon their performance of tasks listed and other duties that may be assigned. Management reserves the right to revise the job description from time to time. This job description is not a contract of employment, and either the team member or the employer may terminate the job at any time for any reason. Individual will be required to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
O’Reilly Hospitality Management, LLC, is an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.