At Engineering for Kids children ages 4 to 14 are introduced to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Education through programs such as after-school programs, classes, camps, workshops, and birthday parties. We also offer programs for home schooled students, scouts events, in-school field trips, and parent's night out events!
Part-time Assistant Teacher
We are looking for energetic and highly motivated HS student or colledge student who enjoy working with kids, teaching them to be the next generation of engineers! If you are interested in and have experience with video game design, computer programming or Lego Robotics and enjoy working with children, then this is a great opportunity for you. We are new to the area and looking for assistant teacher who can grow with us. We will provide on the job training for assistant teachers and there is the opportunity for assistants to eventually move into lead teacher positions. The main timeframes are 2pm-6pm, or later. We are looking for someone to work all school year long, Aug-May.
• Flexible schedule: availability during weekday afternoons with some mornings and weekends a must during school year, full weekdays during summer months.
• Experience and passion for teaching K-8 students in a classroom or summer camp setting.
• STEM related coursework, interest and/or experience a plus!
• Must have a reliable vehicle to transport teaching materials and commute to teaching sites.
• Pre-employment background check is required.
This is a part-time hourly position, 6-10 hours/week (for a start). Pay rate is $10.00/hour during training, $12.00/hour full rate.
The successful Engineering for Kids Instructor has...
• Passion for kids and ability to quickly develop good rapport with children while maintaining discipline, and directing the design and building experience.
• Comfort with "controlled chaos."
• Understanding of basic scientific and engineering principles; love of problem solving!
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info on Engineering For Kids, please visit our website at: www.engineeringforkids.net